LODI, N.J. -- If you're looking for a safe way to retire your personal documents, Lodi residents, the borough is hosting a free summer shredding event on Saturday, July 16.
The event will run 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. in the Borough Hall's main parking lot, 1 Memorial Dr., rain or shine.
AARP -- which also hosts shredding events -- recommends shredding a variety of documents, to prevent identity theft and fraud:
- old documents that have your Social Security number, birth date, signature, account numbers and passwords;
- banking documents, including canceled checks, and deposit slips and ATM and credit card receipts, after you've gone over monthly statements;
- preapproved credit card applications and incentive checks from those companies;
- unneeded medical bills; and
- investment account statements.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.