J.C. Penney says it will close eight stores in 2018, resulting in 480 job cuts.
This comes after the department store chain shuttered 140 stores in 2017.
The eight stores scheduled for closure this year are:
- Hampton Village Plaza in St. Louis, Missouri
- Garden State Plaza in Paramus, New Jersey
- Sandburg Mall in Galesburg, Illinois
- Viking Plaza in Alexandria, Minnesota
- Washington Park Mall in Bartlesville, Oklahoma
- Cascade Mall in Burlington, Washington
- Calexico Store in Calexico, California
- Knox Village Square in Mt. Vernon, Ohio
J.C. Penney had announced earlier this week, 600 jobs would be cut as the result of one of its fulfillment centers in Wisconsin.
The company will report fourth-quarter fiscal earnings on March 2.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.