GARFIELD, N.J. -- Two firefighters were treated for minor injuries after they fell through a floor in an early Friday blaze at a Garfield house under renovation, Fire Chief Edward J. Morano said.
Both "were assisted out of the building under their own power" before being treated at Hackensack University Medical Center, the chief said.
No other injuries were reported in the two-alarm Banta Avenue fire, which broke out around 6:30 a.m. and was brought under control within 45 minutes, Morano said.
The Garfield fire official "determined the fire started due to unattended construction equipment on the first floor," the chief said.
Lodi, Wallington, Saddle Brook, Elmwood Park and Paramus firefighters, as well as the Saddle Brook Ambulance Corps and Garfield police, were among the responders, he said.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.