Twelve Bergen County students have been selected among 120 of the region’s most talented youth to participate in the Paper Mill Playhouse’s 2016 Summer Musical Theatre Conservatory in Millburn.
The concert — “New Voices of 2016: Everything Old Is New Again” — is the culmination of a five-week program on the Millburn theater’s mainstage.
Bergen County students include:
- Trevor Braun of Fair Lawn
- Alexa Aquino of Franklin Lakes
- Sofia Fusco of Glen Rock
- Sam Chuck of Mahwah
- Justin Flores of New Milford
- Bill Fitzpatrick of Park Ridge
- Alexander Birchwale of Ridgefield
- Spencer Gonzalez of Ridgewood
- Mia Lowy of Ridgewood
- Angelina Boris of River Edge
- Victoria Csatay of River Vale
- Vale Valentina Zazzali of Saddle River
The conservatory is a program of rigorous study allowing students to enhance their individual performance potential while developing a broad base of theater experience and knowledge, according to a press release.
Students participate in intensive classes including musical theater performance, acting, dance, and improvisation, while also attending guest workshops led by professional actors, directors, and casting agents.
The final weeks are devoted to rehearsals for the New Voices Concert, performed annually on the Paper Mill Playhouse stage.
Performances will be on Friday, July 29 and Saturday, July 30 at Paper Mill Playhouse in Millburn.