BERGEN COUNTY, N.J.-- Sangria may look easy -- a little wine, a little fruit, a filled-to-the-rim pitcher, but in reality, it's all about balance.
Come summer, it's also all about what's refreshing, without too much sweetness. We've rounded up some of the best sangrias in the county; feel free to add your own on our Facebook page or in our comments.
- Blue Moon Mexican Café, Englewood, Woodcliff Lake, Wyckoff: Imbibe in homemade red and white sangria amidst a fiesta-like ambiance. Best time to come? Sangria Sundays where diners can enjoy sangria pitchers for $14.95 from noon to 4 p.m.
- Bonefish Grill, Paramus: Red and white sangria are on the menu at this seafood pleaser where you can get 50 percent off your fourth visit (check online for details).
- Casual Habana, New Milford, Hackensack: Sangria choices include red, white, Tropical, Sparkling and Seasonal and pair well with the array of tapas choices.
- City Perch Kitchen + Bar, Fort Lee: Talk about a party in your mouth: The house-made sangria contains crisp white wine, ginger, passion fruit, apple brandy and fruit salsa.
- El Cid, Paramus: Patrons rave about the bountiful portions and pitchers of flavorful red and/or white sangria. Just be warned: they are closed until Sept. 6 for vacation.
- Just Grapes Lounge, Elmwood Park: Mint-infused white sangria anyone? The seasonal variety is available now through the end of the summer. Classic red is always on the menu as are other premium options. But most important is the Happy Hour deal (Monday through Friday from 4 p.m. to 7 p.m.) where house sangrias are $5. You can also get $5 off sangria pitchers.
- Meson Madrid, Palisades Park: Hefty portions and red and white sangria will keep you satiated -- and most likely planning another visit-- at this Spanish charmer.
- Noches de Colombia, Hackensack: Escape to South America with cool glasses of peach and passion fruit sangria.
- Pintxo y Tapas, Englewood: It's hard to pick just one sangria at Pintxo y Tapas where choices include red, white, champagne and blue, the latter of which is made with brandy, Triple Sec, peach schnapps and blue Curacao.
- Sangria, Mahwah: How can you resist ordering sangria at a restaurant that bears its name? Sangria honors the fruity drink by rotating a special each month. For now, it's pineapple mango, but there's always traditional red or white peach as well as a variety of sangria cocktails.
- Segovia, Moonachie: Craving a taste of Spain? The red or white sangria is the perfect pairing to a heaping portion of paella or mussels.
- 354 Steakhouse, Cliffside Park: This Cuban-influenced steakhouse will definitely feed your sangria cravings. Along with the classic red, there's white, mango, peach and champagne.
- Varka Restaurant, Ramsey: You can practically taste the sunshine of the Mediterranean at this Greek favorite where sangria is made to order.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.