Starbucks' limited-edition Unicorn Frappuccino has been causing quite the commotion since being released Wednesday.
Baristas at the Route 17 South location in Paramus said they were sold out of the powder for the Unicorn Frappuccino on Wednesday, when they mixed up more than 100 drinks.
Daily Voice wanted to see what all the hype was really about before the drink was gone from the face of the planet, so we put model and body builder Adam Dubanowitz to work.
Dubanowitz, 26 of River Edge , who trains at Retro Fitness Hackensack, has spent the last several months on a strict diet in preparation for an elite body building competition earlier this month. He placed 2nd in novice and 5th overall, and is celebrating by taking in all of the calories... until his next cut.
Here's how Dubanowitz rated the Unicorn Frappuccino:
- Taste: 6/10 — It tastes like sherbet, and every sip is a different flavor.
- Texture: 8.5/10 — it's good, like a smoothie. It would be perfect on a hot day.
- Presentation: 10/10 — It's beautiful, I'll give 'em that.
- Health content: 1 — This is terrible for you. I wouldn't drink this even if I was on a bulk (trying to put on weight). It's so much processed sugar, and way too much for me personally.
- Overall: A hard 6. I wouldn't go out of my way to get it. It was above average but I wouldn't say it's exceptional.
FOLLOW DUBANOWITZ ON INSTAGRAM: @a.dubanowitz
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.