GARFIELD, N.J. – The Garfield YMCA is hosting blood pressure clinics to help residents monitor their blood pressure.
July clinic hours in Garfield are:
YMCA Family Fitness Center, 70 Outwater Lane, 2nd Floor:
- Saturday from 9:15-10:15 a.m.
- Thursday, July 21 from 6-7 p.m.
YMCA Main Branch, 33 Outwater Lane:
- Monday: 4-5 p.m.
- Wednesday, July 13 from 9:30-10:30 a.m.
Senior Center, 480 Midland Avenue:
- Wednesday from 9:30-10:30 a.m.
- Wednesday, July 27 from 9:30-10:30 a.m.
Take action to improve heart health with blood pressure self-monitoring at the Garfield YMCA. Participants will work with trained healthy heart ambassadors for the duration of the four-month program, during which participants will be encouraged to self-measure their blood pressure at least two times per month, attend to personalized consultations and attend monthly nutrition education seminars. Participants will record their blood pressure readings using an easy-to-use self-selected tracking tool. The Y will provide options for participants who need a home blood pressure monitor.
The program's goals are:
- Reduction in blood pressure
- Better blood pressure management
- Increased awareness of the triggers that elevate blood pressure
- Enhanced knowledge to develop healthier eating habits
To qualify, participants will need to be at least 18, been diagnosed with high blood pressure, not have experienced a recent cardiac event and not have atrial fibrillation or other arrhythmias.
For more information, call 973-772-7450.