LODI, N.J. – ShopRite of Lodi is hosting a full calendar of free nutrition and wellness events throughout the month of November, which is National Diabetes Month.
The store’s new registered dietitian, Julianne Gallo, will lead each of the offerings and provide easy-to-implement advice. The programs do not require advance registration, unless noted:
- Nov. 12 – Free Diabetes Health Day and Meet ShopRite of Lodi’s New Dietitian Event, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. ShopRite will offer free blood glucose screenings, lower leg ultrasound screenings, healthy food samples and coupons, too. No appointment necessary.
- Nov. 17 – Produce Pick, 4-6 p.m. Gallo will be mixing up this week’s produce into a delicious new dish. Stop by for samples and some recipes.
- Nov. 19 (1-3 p.m.) and Nov. 30 (3-5 p.m.) – Lighten Up Comfort Foods. Gallo has lots of tips on making comfort food favorites a little lighter and more nutritious with November’s Product Spotlight – Hoboken Farms Pasta Sauce. Be sure to drop by for samples and recipe cards too.
- Nov. 22 – Healthy Holiday Cooking, noon to 2 p.m. Visit the dietitian’s corner to learn new twists on old holiday favorites. Recipes will be available, and Gallo will be available to answer your questions.
- Nov. 23 – Go Nuts for Heart Health, 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Did you know eating nuts can help your heart? Come find out why.
- Nov. 25 – Meal of the Week, 2-4 p.m. Stumped on what to cook for dinner? Gallo will be sampling this week’s Meal of the Week. Drop by for samples and recipes.
- Nov. 26 – Kids Sampling Event, 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Bring your kids to the store to sample a nutritious, quick-prep snack that is sure to please.
- Nov. 28 – Diabetes-Friendly Store Tour, 5-6 p.m. Please call (201) 250-5042 to sign up. Join Gallo for a tour through the aisles, as she provides product recommendations for managing blood sugar.
ShopRite of Lodi is at 175 Main St..
In addition to developing a full roster of store-based wellness programs, ShopRite’s in-store dietitians can serve as guest speakers or instructors at wellness events hosted by local organizations. For more information or to pre-register for a program, contact Gallo, at firstname.lastname@example.org or (201) 250-5042.